Pupil funds and loans are meant for pupils who will be their studies at e.g. college university, college or vocational university. If you should be older than 20, you may also submit an application for student funds and loans for studies at compulsory and top secondary degree at Komvux (adult training university) or folk senior school.
Dining dining Table of articles
Pupil funds and loans for studies in Sweden
Playtime: 03:47, English message
The mortgage you have to pay off. You are able to elect to https://cartitleloans.biz/payday-loans-il/ use entirely for the grant, if you fail to wish to simply take down that loan. The mortgage has a reduced interest rate and will not need any safety, and you’re in a position to repay it more than a period that is long. In 2020, the attention price is 0.16 percent.
Information because of the Corona virus
Read more regarding how the Corona virus affect the learning student funds and loans from CSN.
Size of funds and loans you are able to get
How big is the grants and figuratively speaking you can e.g receive depends. on
Other funds and loans that you could make an application for
Some pupils can get more grants or borrow more money.
In case the earnings surpasses the earnings limitation
The income restriction temporarily eliminated during 2020
Because of the Corona crisis the earnings limitation is temporarily eliminated during 2020, in the event that you learn with student funds and loans ( studiemedel ). This means your revenue during 2020 will likely not influence just how student that is much and loans you’ll receive.
You could get earnings as much as a certain quantity without your pupil funds and loans being impacted. The earnings restriction is determined per calendar half-year, January-June or July-December. If the earnings surpasses the earnings restriction, you are not eligible to the exact same amount of funds and loans.
The earnings restriction will depend on just exactly how weeks you’re studying for and regardless if you are studying full-time or part-time. For instance, if you are likely to learning full-time with student grants and loans for 20 days in a calendar half-year, the earnings limitation is SEK 90 075. You can observe your earnings restriction into the choice you obtain from CSN.
Demands and conditions
Different demands and conditions must certanly be pleased to ensure that one to be eligible to student help.
- University university, college or other post-secondary education: a optimum of 240 weeks
- Upper level that is secondary an optimum of 80 or 120 months, dependent on your past training
- Compulsory school degree: at the most 40, 80 or 100 weeks, dependent on your education that is previous and you might be learning.
- You must have satisfied the requirements as regards credits in order to receive new student grants and loans if you have previously studied with student grants and loans or an education entry grant. Certain requirements regarding credits differ according to which course you will be studying.
- When you have unpaid annual costs or needs for over one duration, you might not get pupil funds and loan. Contact CSN to find out more.
- If you are planning to study abroad, special rules apply.
Additional stipulations for international residents
You also need to satisfy special conditions in order to be entitled to Swedish student finance if you are a foreign citizen. You will usually be entitled to Swedish student finance if you have a permanent residence permit and live in Sweden.
When you have received a short-term residence permit through the Swedish Migration Agency since you have refugee status or similar, you may be additionally often entitled to Swedish pupil finance.
In addition, various rules use according to regardless if you are a resident of the nation within or away from EU/EEA or Switzerland.